Sunday Night Cranium Dump
- We’re in a summer teaching series called Arguing with Atheists. (Hence the reminder above that many atheists think Bible-toting Christians are silly and delusional.)
- Many of them also think we’re deluded to believe the Bible, and that’s what we talked about at The ROCK today.
- Just a reminder: If you want to access part of the message without watching the whole thing, the full notes will be online at our website by late Tuesday.
- Attendance today was around 650ish. Down some from the past several weeks. But up over 100 from the same Sunday last year.
- Prayed over all the dads in attendance today. Honored to be one of them.
- Sweet conversation with two ladies. Both tearfully talked about how God was revolutionizing their lives. I’m always humbled and amazed when God communicates things to people that has NOTHING to do with what I preached about.
- KidzROCK had a new design today. It was like KidzROCK Farm, barn included. Ministry to children, top to bottom, is one of THE best things we do.
- Awesome music today. My favorite Sundays are when some of our music is silky smooth, and some of it crunchy and rough-edged.
- Today was about defending the Bible. It stands on its own, but we need to have credible answers for those who malign it. Not all of the people who do so are closed-minded and unreachable.
- “Red Sox won, Gamecocks won, Tiger Woods fell 5 shots off the lead, it’s Father’s Day, and I get to talk smack about atheism. How great can the day be?!” Yeah I said that. Sorry if that statement offended any of you (not really, but I’m trying to seem like a nicer person). :-)
- Don’t you love it when God answers a very specific prayer? He did that today.
- We didn’t make a huge deal about Father’s Day. Kinda regret that, especially that I didn’t get the chance to brag loudly about how great my own dad is. I have a wonderful father, a wonderful wife to partner-parent with me, and kids 1000x better than I deserve. I guess that means that if I suck at being a dad, it’s kinda MY fault.
- Katalyst students leave in a few hours for their annual trip to Daytona for the BigStuf Student Conference. They’re going to get their spiritual batteries super-charged. I’m sure they (and their chaperons) would appreciate you praying for their safe travel and spiritual growth.
Be the first leave to leave a reply.
Leave A Reply