Sunday Night Cranium Dump
Today was the second installment in our summer teaching series: “Arguing with Atheists.” We dealt with atheists’ rejection and condemnation of religion. Tough assignment. Because, as I said this morning, I wouldn’t give a nickel for religion. Big fat HUGE difference between religion and a real relationship with Jesus Christ.
- I’m enjoying the prep time for this series WAYYY too much.
- I confessed to hypocrisy this morning.
- I think everybody else did too.
- I also think, now that I reflect, that I said, “Duh,” “wheeeee,” and something about sounding like a cow-milker … all in one sermon.
- Attendance was down a bit. Flipping beach/vacation/travel/lazy/etc. summer slump.
- Almost enough to make a preacher cuss gripe.
- Loved the music. Of course, I almost always love all the music our band does.
- JP literally put a video clip together (we had miscommunicated during the week) 20 minutes before the 9am worship began. That kind of stuff amazes me a little.
- A certain unnamed member of our worship team sent me a text message minutes before worship started … just to inspire and encourage me. It read, “Keep it short.”
- The bigger we grow the more difficult it might be for me to just hang out and talk to as many people as I can on Sunday mornings. I look forward to growing, but not to that part of it.
- I never cease to deeply appreciate the servant hearted men and women who stick around and break down / store away everything it took to convert CHS into church. They would LOVE to have you join their team … even if it is just for the summer months. Leave a comment here or a message on the church Facebook page if you’re ready to do so.
- Two people told me today that worship was so good that they stuck around just to experience the 2nd worship time too. Humbled and amazed.