Sunday Cranium Dump (Tuesday Edition)
First time we’ve ever turned over (practically) the whole worship gathering to the next generation. And they hit it out of the park. Hannah, her Team Leaders, KidzROCK volunteers INCLUDING some students … ALL were ROCKtastic.
- I’ll be honest, I panicked a little during and after the morning rehearsal. Saw disaster on the horizon, and thought, “People will forgive this … I hope.” Then they ROCKED the place.
- Tip of the hat also to all the light, sound, tech folks who hit their cues on time and made it all work so well.
- It wasn’t exactly children running the entire show, but that’s because we wanted the church to experience what KidzROCK is like on a Sunday morning.
- As expected, I was asked, “What’s the age limit for KidzROCK? I want to go there instead of here with the old people”
- We need KidzROCK to come back and give our normal crowd “Worship Lesssons.” Jus sayin’.
- Start with remedial clapping.
- No, Jalin (the explorer chick), isn’t Australian. She’s from Aynor. Aynorian?
- We didn’t really do anything patriotic Sunday to recognize 7/4. That wasn’t some sort of statement. Sometimes we follow the “culture calendar,” sometimes we don’t.
- I think my message lasted eight minutes. Don’t get used to that.
- No, I won’t make up for lost time this coming Sunday.
- 85% of those who choose to follow Christ do so before turning 18. What will we do about that?
- Has God given you a heart and gift to serve/teach/lead children? Is there anything more rewarding than seeing a child in whom you have made a life-investment give himself/herself to Christ?