Five 1-word Goals for 2011
That’s my plan for 2011 in minimal form. I’m not crazy about “resolutions,” but I do like plans that are goal-driven. And since one of my goal-driven plans is to simplify, I’ve reduced the whole year’s pile of goals to just 5 words. In case you’re interested, here’s a little further explanation:
- Adore: I want that to summarize my growing relationship with Jesus Christ. I know lots about Him. I know a lot of theology. But I want this to be a year I learn to adore Him more deeply and continually.
- Biblicize: Yeah, I kinda made that word up. But this year I will read AND teach straight through the entire Bible.
- Discipline: This will govern what goes in my gut, what words go out of my mouth, what comes out of my bank account, what directs my schedule and priorities.
- Build: God willing, we will break ground on a ROCK campus this year.
- Simplify: (It’s why I’m concentrating on 1-word goals, and why I had only 5 of them). More delegation. Email accounts cleaned up and cleaned out. Streamlined office efficiency. Clarified priorities.
How about you? Can you reduce your 2011 life-plan to just a few 1-word goals?