Sunday Cranium Dump
First, thanks again for praying for baby Crew and our family. He’s in McLeod hospital with a tiny respirator getting surfactant into his lungs. Hannah and Kevin are staying in Florence keeping watch. It’ll seem like no time that Crew’s in the ROCK nursery and all is well. In the meantime, God is God, and crap has some kind of divine purpose. Some thoughts on the morning:
- Missed KLock on the stage, but the band did a great job. SO grateful to be led in worship by people who love and worship Jesus.
- THEY NEED MORE FROM US! Too many of us worship like we’re half-interested, clap like we’re at a boring golf tournament, and act like we’re there to be entertained (OH, I feel a Gladiator quote coming on… )
- Loved praying with a young lady (recent CCU grad) as she gave her heart and life to Christ. GO girl!
- We’re about to get a bunch of Coastal students back, and that excites me.
- Word on the street is that the Coastal football team may join us next Sunday. They’ll be big young muscular handsome guys. Please don’t mistake me for one of them. Soooo embarrassing when that happens.
- Family stuff made me wonder if I was as prepared as I needed to be this morning, but it worked out. I liked the message content. Jesus is the ultimate example of love and kindness and mercy. He is also the violent Warrior God of the Old Testament.
- I made fun of Joel Osteen and a pastor in Florida who is burning Korans. I felt a little bad about it.
- But only a little.
- I LOVE what we’re doing, but I still want to trim the time down some.
- Attendance back up some today.
- Prayed with a great guy this morning who just wanted to thank God for His goodness and providence. Awesome breath of fresh spiritual air.
- We still need to prepare for the growth that is coming. God is our architect and owner. Truth is our foundation. Vision is our floor plan. Disciples are our product. Ministry is our business. AND VOLUNTEERS MAKE UP THE SUPPORT BEAMS. Without them, our whole building will topple over. Where can we add you to our structure?